Marsden Bay Christian Camp
Marsden Bay Christian Camp is situated at the mouth of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour. An easy 90-minute drive north of Auckland, roads are sealed all the way to the gate. It is located on eight hectares of grounds, and is across the road from a safe swimming beach. We have a range of Accommodation options, from Bunk rooms, to Family rooms, Cabins and Tent or Caravan sites. The ablutions are second to none, and the modern, well laid out commercial kitchen is the envy of most camps.
• We welcome self-catered campers
• Eight hectares of grounds
• Sleeping accommodation for 150, includes ten family rooms and 12 dormitories
• Flat tent sites for overflow accommodation
• Modern, spacious kitchen facilities fully equipped including plates, cups and eating utensils for 200 persons
• Large walk-in chiller with separate freezer and pantry room
• Steriliser unit
• Free refuse and recycling removal
• Large dining/recreation hall (indoor sports) with large open fire
• Large conference room with stage and piano
• Separate small teachers or leaders ‘lounge’
• Modern bathrooms with continuous gas hot water
• Disabled toilet facilities and hall access
• Modern abseil tower and flying fox
• Nine activity Trust Course
• Nine station Fitness Trail
• 60 metre water slide
• Oodles of parking for buses and cars (or the horse)
• Phone on site
• Dorm PA system
• Concert stage
• All weather paths and grounds
• Fire pit
The local dairy and supermarket is close by for fresh milk/bread. Spacious grounds and roomy buildings provide ample room for all manner of indoor and outdoor activities.
An extremely safe harbour beach suitable for swimming, sailing and water sports is 200m from the Camp’s entrance, with safe, paved pedestrian access right to the water’s edge or try the new Marsden Cove Waterways for safe canoeing, yachting and swimming from a man made beach.
Bream Bay ocean beach has 25kms of glorious white sand and dunes, and is 3kms by road, with excellent bus and vehicle access to the beach front, and you can also visit the NZ Oil Refinery Information Center while you’re there. Please contact us for any further enquiries or check out our web site.